SAM: Appendix B – Glossary Entity Management Content Glossary Foreign Government The government of a country other than the United States of America. A Foreign Government entity may register in SAM to be eligible for contracts or federal financial assistance. It is distinct from the United States Government and Tribal Governments, as well as commercial enterprises. Company Division Number If a number identifier commonly distinguishes your division, enter that in the division number field here. Otherwise, leave blank. [The prepaid number...? In lieu of name and address...?] Taxpayer Name Enter the exact Taxpayer Name the IRS has on file for your entity's TIN according to its most recent tax return. Your Taxpayer Name may be slightly different than the Legal Business Name of the entity being registered. Review your tax statements from the IRS (such as a 1099 or W-2/W-4 form) to find your Taxpayer Name. Use only letters, numbers, spaces, hyphens (-), and ampersands (&). Omit any other special characters that are part of your Taxpayer Name. [Showing us that these entities can and do use numerical and punctuation identifiers [i]n names] Cage Code A five-character, alpha-numeric identifier assigned to entities located in the United States and its outlying areas by the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) Office to identify a commercial or government entity. An entity’s Cage Code is used to support variety of automated systems throughout the Federal government and provides a standardized method of identifying a given facility at a specific location. The Cage Code may be used for a facility clearance, a pre-award survey, automated bidders list, identification of debarred bidders, fast pay processes, etc. All registrations in SAM go through the Cage Code assignment/validation process after submission. If you think you have a Cage Code, search the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) CAGE database here. If you don't have one, one will be provided automatically to you during processing after you complete and submit your SAM registration. [Showing a contract for military force within the corporation] NCage Code A five-character, alpha-numeric identifier assigned by a member of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) or by the NATO Support and Procurement Agency (NSPA) to entities located outside the United States and its outlying areas that DLA Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) Office records and maintains in the CAGE master file. This type of code is known as an NCage Code. NCage Codes are required for all foreign entities and must be obtained prior to starting a SAM registration for those entities. The name and address information you use to request your NCage Code must match what you used to request your DUNS Number. You can submit your request for an NCage Code by going to the NSPA NCAGE Request Tool at; Detailed instructions are posted at that site. [Showing a contract for a commercial military subcontract] Immediate Owner Means an entity, other than the offeror, that has direct control of the offeror. Indicators of control include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following: ownership or interlocking management, identity of interests among family members, shared facilities and equipment, and the common use of employees. The entity registering in SAM is considered the offeror. Highest-level Owner Means the entity that owns or controls an immediate owner of the offeror, or that owns or controls one or more entities that control an immediate owner of the offeror. No entity owns or exercises control of the highest level owner. The entity registering in SAM is considered the offeror. [For He is a respecter of no persons] Port Authority In Canada and the United States a port authority (less commonly a port district) is a governmental or quasi-governmental public authority for a special-purpose district usually formed by a legislative body (or bodies) to operate ports and other transportation infrastructure. [Special purpose huh... would that be one of them infamous "special governement employees"... "Congress"...? LOL...] Transit Authority A transit authority is a government agency created for the purpose of providing public transportation within a specific region. In the United States, this is usually within one state, but in rare circumstances may cover two or more states. Also known as a transit district. A transit authority is created to give it the power of the government in dealing with solving problems related to transit issues. This includes the powers of eminent domain to obtain space for rights of way (e.g. for railways or busways), the ability to impose excise, income, property, and/or sales taxes to fund subsidies of operating costs of local transportation, and the ability to operate independently of the cities and counties that the transit district operates within. A transit district may also have its own transit police force, although in some areas the local police provide a special bureau for this purpose. A transit district may operate bus, rail or other types of transport including ferry service, or may operate other facilities. In some cases, the transit district may be part of a larger organization such as a state Department of Transportation. [in transition - in-commission]... Private University or College Private universities are universities not operated by governments, although many receive public subsidies, especially in the form of tax breaks and public student loans and grants. Depending on their location, private universities may be subject to government regulation. This is in contrast to public universities and national universities. While many prominent private universities are run by charitable or non-profit organizations, a subset are commercial for-profit universities which are run as business organizations. [What we all forgot - education is a private right and should remain private - PERIOD] Sole Proprietorship A sole proprietor is someone who owns an unincorporated business by himself or herself. For more information please see:,,id=98202,00.html, including exceptions to the sole proprietor definition. Other Select "Other" if your entity does not fall under one of the other categories (i.e. your organization is neither a Corporate Entity Tax Exempt, Corporate Entity Not Tax Exempt, Partnership or Limited Liability Partnership, Sole Proprietorship, or International Organization). [Origin of other; He named them Adam:] __________________________________ AND BOOM!!!!! @kirbybobby [Following Source;] A merchant ID is a specific identification number attached to a business that tells the payment processing systems involved in a transaction where to send which funds. You can think of it like an address for your business. If you don't have a merchant ID, then the networks involved won't know where to send your money. __________________________________ Merchant ID 1 The Merchant ID Number is similar to a routing number. This number is assigned to you by the bank that processes your credit card receipts. The field is mandatory if you choose “Yes” for credit card. [Number on back of Social converted...?} Merchant ID 2 If you work with two different banks to process credit card receipts, you may have two merchant IDs. If so, enter the second bank’s Merchant ID here. [Social on front without dashes...?] Fulfilling two forms of ID...? All by numbers... !!! [Also note: "Routing number 655060042 of Social Security Administration Bank. 655060042 is the current routing transit number of Social Security Administration situated in city Baltimore, state Maryland (MD)." - source: - the account number I believe is the social without the dashes - this is one end the Merchant ID2] Ask Fidelity if you can use your account number for the user-name...? ;) [Here are the routing numbers for Federal Reserve - which would be the other end the Merchant ID1 -] Instrument Number The official number of the proceeding as assigned by instrument. Instrument This is the type of proceedings instrument. The fields available will be: U.S. Federal issued contract, U.S. Federal issued grant/assistance instrument, State issued contract, and State issued grant. Information Opt Out You can choose to opt-out of being displayed in public search results via the website. Opting Out may result in a reduction in Federal Government business opportunities, and subcontractors. Please be aware, however, that even if you choose to opt out your information will still be included in any Freedom of Information Act requests. Please note that your banking information is treated as sensitive data and will not be displayed to the public regardless of your selection. Bonding Level Type (Construction or Service) A Bond is a written instrument executed by a bidder or contractor (the "principal") and a second party (the "surety" or "sureties") to assure fulfillment of the principal's obligations to a third party (the "obligee" or "Government") identified in the bond. If the principal's obligations are not met, the bond assures payment, to the extent stipulated, of any loss sustained by the obligee. Whether for service type contracts or construction, bonding levels assure the U.S. Government that prospective contractors are capable of fulfilling its requirements. • Additional information about bonds may be found in the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 28, • If your company is from an industry that normally does not require bonding in order to bid on contracts, please leave the Bonding Level section blank. • When entering Bond Levels, you may enter any or all fields. They are not dependent on each other. • Additional information on FEMA disasters may be found at: [That says written and a major point of contracts is to bond a written undertaking with an obligation - usually by signature] The Geographic Area Served is the State, County, and/or Metropolitan Statistical Area where the vendor provides or delivers products and/or services. This information is collected to identify prospective contractors which can deliver emergency supplies and services needed in a specific disaster area. When entering your Geographic Area, you are stating the FEMA declared disaster area for which you will be able to provide disaster response services. That is, your organization can go and work as a contractor where there is a declared disaster area, for example, the areas affected by Hurricane Katrina. Additional information on Metropolitan Statistical Areas may be found at: [@MalikaDulce - #VENDORS] Accts Receivable POC This person is responsible for creating the billing statement (the bill(s) that will go to your intragovernmental trading partner in response to an order) and all billing issues. This is generally a finance person and should be someone familiar with the appropriations codes. Entities designated with a Business Type of either “Seller” or “Both Buyer and Seller” must have an A/R POC. This field is only presented if you have indicated that you are registering as a government agency interested in Intra-Governmental Transactions. [@MalikaDulce - "Where" does/do the bill/s go...? LOL... I'm dying...!!!]

Posted by El Hotepsekhemwy Pero at 2020-12-05 01:37:35 UTC